Super simple and delicious homemade enchilada sauce!
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the spices (including the espresso powder) and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil and whisk in the flour. Let cook for just a minute until the flour is completely absorbed and just as it begins to brown.
- Add in the tomato sauce, broth, and spices. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once done, remove from heat and either use immediately or store for later.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: sauce
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: enchilada sauce, homemade, vegan enchilada sauce