Perfect baked tofu is easy to make and delicious in all kinds of different recipes!
- 1 block of firm or extra firm tofu (I do not recommend doing this with any other type of tofu)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- extra spices of choice**
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Take the tofu out of the packaging and discard the liquid. Press the tofu according to these directions. If you have a tofu press, use that. If not, you can simply wrap the tofu in a lint free towel or paper towels and place a heavy skillet on top for 20 minutes. See HERE for full details on pressing tofu.
- Once pressed, cut the tofu into bite sized pieces. I have tried this with small pieces and rather large chunks and they all work great! So cut them according to your liking.
- Place the tofu pieces into a large bowl, drizzle with the oil, and sprinkle with cornstarch, salt & pepper, as well as any other spices that you might be using. GENTLY toss the tofu to coat in the cornstarch.
- Line the tofu on the prepared baking sheet leaving a bit of space between each piece. Baking for 15 minutes, flip the tofu over, and bake for an additional 15-25 minutes. It should be done after a total time fo 30 minutes BUT you can leave it in a bit longer if you want it even crispier or if you chunks are extra large.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!
**I recommend adding a couple teaspoons of spices based on what you’re serving the tofu with. For tacos or a Mexican dish you can add a little cumin, paprika, and chili powder. For curries you can add curry powder and turmeric etc.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: tofu
- Method: frying
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 298
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 17.1 mg
- Fat: 21.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Protein: 18.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan recipes, tofu recipes, fried tofu