How to make perfectly fried tofu!
- ~14 ounce block of extra firm tofu
- oil for frying
- sea salt and pepper for serving
- Press your tofu for 15 minutes by using a tofu press. If you don’t have a tofu press, see note above for how to do it with what you have lying around your kitchen.
- Cut your tofu into thin pieces that are about 1/4 inch thick. These can be small stripes, cubes, or triangles like what I used. See the video above to learn different ways to cut tofu.
- Pour oil in a large skillet so that it will come up about 1/2 up the tofu pieces once they are in the pan. Heat over medium high heat and once shimmering, add in the tofu. Cook for about 5-8 minutes on each side until it forms a nice and even crust. Watch carefully so that it doesn’t over cook.
- When done, place the tofu on a paper towel lined plate to cool down slightly. Serve with your favorite sauce, in a stir fry, or simply sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and enjoy!
- Category: tofu
- Method: frying
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan recipes, tofu recipes, fried tofu