This lavender syrup is simple to make and great for flavoring cocktails, coffee and more!
- 1 cup of sugar (can sub for an equal amount of: coconut sugar, honey, maple syrup, brown sugar, or agave)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of dried or fresh lavender flowers
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and lavender and place over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and lower the heat a bit. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes at which time the sugar should have completely dissolved and the syrup started to thicken.
- Let cool slightly and then strain the mixture through a sieve to remove the lavender. Pour into an airtight container for storage.
- Store syrup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to about 2 weeks.
- Use around 1 to 2 tablespoons of syrup per cup when making drinks.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: drinks
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 39.9 g
- Sodium: 2.3 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: lavender syrup, lavender simple syrup, coffee syrups