- 1 cup of stone ground grits
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¾ cup of finely grated Tillamook Special Reserve Extra Sharp Cheddar
- ⅛–¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you would like)
- ¼ teaspoon of dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ cup of milk (room temp), plus a little more if you want it creamier
- Put grits and water into your Instant Pot and stir in the salt.
- With the instant pot in the seal position, set it to manual high pressure for 10 minutes. Once it is done cooking, let it naturally release for 15 minutes and then quick release and remaining pressure.
- Mix together the grits and water to combine.
- Add in the cheese, milk, herbs and spices and mix to combine.
- Serve and ENJOY right away!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: grits, cheese, breakfast, side dish