Learn how to make Instant Pot Chickpeas and ways to put them to good use in some easy and delicious chickpea recipes.
- 2 cups of chickpeas, soaked – see notes
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- Seasonings of choice, see notes
- Add the chickpeas, vegetable broth, and your seasonings of choice to the Instant Pot.
- Attach the lid and ensure the valve is in the “sealing” position. Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook – Manual for 13 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. Then, switch the valve to the “venting” position to release any additional pressure.
- Drain the chickpeas and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve as desired.
- Store any leftover chickpeas in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
- Soak 2 cups of dry chickpeas in water for 6 hours before using in this recipe. To do this, simply place the chickpeas in a sealable container and cover with water so there’s an inch of water above the chickpeas. Cover and let sit for 6 hours or even overnight.
- I use vegetable broth for extra flavor, but feel free to use water if you prefer.
- These chickpeas can be seasoned however you like! Check out the flavor suggestions below.
Flavor Suggestions (all added in Step 1 unless designated otherwise)
- Garlic and Herb: 2 cloves garlic and 1 sprig rosemary
- Garlic and Paremsan: 2 cloves garlic added in step 1 and ¼ cup grated parmesan added in step 4
- Taco: 1 teaspoon chili powder, ½ teaspoon cumin, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon paprika
- Asian: ¼ cup soy sauce, 1 garlic clove, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: side
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Indian, Mediterranean, American
Keywords: instant pot chickpeas, chickpeas