Perfectly spiced, thick and hearty Instant Pot Chili is so quick and easy to make! This vegan chili recipe features a blend of colorful vegetables, three types of beans and delicious seasonings, all simmered together to make a hearty and delicious meal. So good that you won’t even miss the meat!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed (or finely minced)
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can of great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- Turn your pressure cooker to SAUTE and add in the oil. Once hot, add in the onion and saute for 5 minutes. Mix in the bell pepper and garlic and cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients MINUS THE CORN and stir to combine. Seal the pressure cooker and set to cook on manual high for 8 minutes. Once done cooking, immediately release the pressure.
- Turn off the instant pot and stir in the corn. Mix to combine and let sit for about 5 minutes to heat up the corn thoroughly. Serve with your favorite toppings and ENJOY!
- Leftovers. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to about 4 to 5 days.
- Freezing. Once completely cool, place the chili in freezer-safe containers or resealable gallon-sized freezer bags. It can be frozen for up to 3 months. To thaw, transfer to the fridge and store overnight. When ready to serve, reheat on medium heat on the stovetop.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Chili
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan chili, vegetarian chili