Easy and delicious Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 3 pounds of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into roughly 1 inch large cubes
- 2 cups of water
- 1/3 cup milk of choice (I used a barista blend oat milk)
- ⅓ cup of maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional sprinkle of cinnamon to taste
- Place the trivet into your instant pot (the one that came with it) and pour in the water. Place the potatoes on top of the trivet. It’s okay to stack them if needed. Put the top on and seal the instant pot.
- Cook on manual HIGH pressure for 15 minutes. When the instant pot is done cooking, let the pressure naturally release which will take about 8-10 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the metal pin has dropped.
- Carefully take out the trivet and drain out the water. Mash the potatoes until little to no chunks remain.
- Stir in the butter (the residual heat from the potatoes will melt the butter), milk, maple syrup, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until combined and creamy and enjoy immediately!