- 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup of uncooked white rice, I prefer a long grain such as basmati
- Using the saute function on your pressure cooker, hot the oil until hot and then add in the onion. Cook for about 3 minutes until the onion becomes translucent. Add in the garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Turn the pressure cooker to off and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Set the pressure cooker to “seal” and set it to manual mode for 8 minutes.
- Once done cooking, quick release the pressure. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve!
- Category: side dish
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: mexican
Keywords: mexican, rice, instant pot, side dish