- 1.1 lbs elbow pasta
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3.5–4 cups water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2–3 cups cheddar cheese
- Cilantro or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Add pasta, sea salt and water to the Instant Pot making sure the water covers the pasta completely but not by much. About 1/2 an inch over the pasta. Close lid and turn venting knob to sealing position.
- Press “Manual”, then “Pressure” to adjust to high pressure, then adjust time to 4 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps, quick release pressure (take a step back, if you added too much water, a little bit of boiling hot water may spray out of the vent) and once the pin dropped open the pot.
- Stir the pasta to avoid from sticking. Add milk, pumpkin puree and cheddar cheese and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately garnished with freshly chopped cilantro or parsley.