- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 20-ounce cans of jackfruit, drained and trimmed of core*
- 1 4-oz can of diced green chiles
- 1 15-oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups of enchilada sauce
- optional for topping: vegan cheese, avocado, red onion, tomatoes, vegan sour cream etc.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare your jackfruit but first cutting off the core. It’s the harder part of the pieces and you want to cut all of it off and discard. See my video for reference. Then take the remaining part and shred it with your fingers or forks. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in the onion and cook for 4 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute 2 additional minutes.
- Stir in the shredded jackfruit and green chiles and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 additional minute, stirring often. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- To assemble the enchiladas, spread 2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce over the half of the tortilla and then top with 2 tablespoons of black beans and ~1/3 cup of the jackfruit mixture. I like to keep all of the filling to 1/2 of the tortilla to make rolling easier. Gently tuck the ingredients in as you roll the tortilla over the fillings. Place in the prepared pan.
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining sauce and spread it out evenly over the top of the enchiladas. If using, add on the cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tortillas are just beginning to brown around the edges.
- Top with your favorite toppings and ENJOY!
*see video for reference about how to cut the jackfruit.
If you have slightly different sized cans of jackfruit, that’s fine
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan enchiladas, jackfruit recipe, jackfruit enchiladas