FIVE ingredient thumbprint cookies that come together in ONE BOWL!
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of creamy natural peanut butter*
- 3/4 cup of jam or jelly of choosing, divided (I used a strawberry jam!)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix in the peanut butter and 1/2 cup of the jam (reserving 1/4 cup for topping) until fully combined. If your dough seems overly dry and you can’t quite mix in all of the flour, add in a splash of milk.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the dough and roll into a ball and then flat the balls so that they’re in a cookie shape that’s about 1/2 an inch thick. Please on your prepare cookie sheet. They won’t really spread so no need for too much space between cookies.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and make a thumbprint sized dent in the center of each cookie. You can do this with your finger or the back of a round measuring spoon as you see in my video. Fill each dent with a bout 1 teaspoon of the jam. Bake for 8-10 additional minutes or until a light golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool and ENJOY!
*For the peanut butter: 1) chunky works but I think that creamy works better. 2) I prefer the creamy natural peanut butter (that kind that you have to stir) BUT you can use no stir peanut butter in this as well. If the dough is too dry, you can try adding a splash of milk
- Category: cookies
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan cookies, thumbprint cookies, jam thumbprint cookies