- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups of broth (veggie of chicken will work well)
- 4 stems of kale, steamed and chopped (about 2 cups chopped up)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- oil for the skillet (I use avocado oilbut olive or coconut oil will also work well!)
- optional for topping: avocado, cilantro, extra parmesan cheese
- Cook the quinoa in the broth as directed on the packaging. Once done, take off of the heat, top with the kale (don’t stir) and cover for 8-10 minutes. Stir and then set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the quinoa/ kale mixture, breadcrumbs, eggs, onions, cheese, garlic, and S&P.
- Take about 1/4 cup at a time, for the quinoa mixture into patties in preparation for cooking.
- Over medium heat, heat about 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet and add in the patties making sure not to overcrowd them (I cook mine in 2 batches). Cook for 5 minutes on one side, flip, and then cook for an additional 7-8 minutes on the other side. You want a nice golden brown on each side.
- Once done, top with your choice of toppings and ENJOY!!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes