- 4 stems of kale, wash and de-stemmed
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 diced white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- fine sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 6 large eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- Cut the kale into bite sized pieces. Heat a few inches of water in a steamer pot over medium-high heat and steam the kale for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and side aside to cool.
- In a suate pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it becomes soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, a bit of salt & pepper, and the paprika. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add in the kale, stir, and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl and season with S&P if desired.
- Transfer the kale and onion mixture to the prepared baking pan and then pour the eggs over top of the kale, covering it evenly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the eggs are firm. Let cool slightly, slice, and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes