This delicious Lavender Lemonade is a simple, yet refreshing combination of water, lemon juice, fresh lavender and simple syrup. Icy cold and totally refreshing, homemade lemonade is absolutely the BEST way to beat the heat! It’s the ultimate summertime drink with a fun twist!
For the Syrup:
- 1 ¼ cup of sugar*
- 1 cup of water
- 1 ½ tablespoons of dried lavender
For the lemonade:
- 1 batch of syrup from above
- 6 cups of water
- 1 ¼ cups of lemon juice (freshly squeezed is great but from a bottle certainly works!)
- Fresh lavender and lemon slices for garnish
- Optional for color: 1-2 drops of purple food coloring*
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and lavender and place over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer and lower the heat a bit. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes at which time the sugar should have completely dissolved and the syrup started to thicken. Let cool for 5 minutes and then strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove the lavender. Place in the fridge to cool.
- In a large pitcher, stir together the cooled lavender simple syrup, 6 cups of water and the lemon juice. Mix until fully combined and then garnish with fresh lavender and lemon slices.
- As desired, mix 1-2 drops of purple food coloring into each glass of lemonade to give it the classic lavender color.
- Store leftovers in the fridge and ENJOY!
*The food coloring is optional but gives it that fun purple color. I mixed in just one drop of neon purple gel food coloring to each individual glass.
Try a fun spiked version by mixing in your desired amount of vodka, gin, etc.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 drink
Keywords: lemonade, lavender lemonade