Sweet potatoes make for an amazingly delicious and filling breakfast!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- optional toppings: fruit such as berries and banana slices, chia seeds, nut butter, cookie butter, hemp seeds, maple syrup, agave, granola etc. Have fun with it! My favorite toppings= granola, peanut butter, banana, and chia seeds.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake the sweet potatoes directly on the rack for 40-50 minutes. They’re done once a fork can easily be pierced into the center of the potato and the inside is tender.
- Cut a slit down the center of the sweet potato about 2/3 of the way down. Slightly mush the inside of the potato.
- Top with your favorite breakfast toppings!
- Works great if you bake the sweet potatoes the night before and then the whole meal only takes 5 minutes to prepare in the morning :)
- To store the sweet potatoes, simply put them in an air tight container and keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy them!
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan breakfast, sweet potato recipe, healthy breakfast recipe