This EASY vegan chili is the best vegan chili that you will ever have! It’s a healthy meal that the whole family will love.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed (or finely minced)
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can of great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- In a large pot over medium heat, add in the oil. Once the oil is warmed, add in the onion and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently and being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients (minus the corn), increase heat, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for at least 30 minutes. The longer the chili cooks, the more flavor it will have. So, if you’ve got the time, let it very gently simmer on the stove for an hour or even up to 2 hours. If you cook it for several hours, you may need to add in just a bit more broth or water.
- Right before taking off of the heat to serve, stir in the corn and let it heat for a few additional minutes.
- Once ready to eat, take off of the heat and garnish with some vegan sour cream, green onion, avocado, etc.