- 4 cups of cooked rice (day old rice is ideal)
- 2 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil (any other oil will work well!)
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 inch of ginger, peeled and finely minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 ½ cups of yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup of carrot, diced
- 2 cups of broccoli, finely diced
- 1 cup of bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup of corn (I used frozen corn, thawed)
- 1/2 cup of peas (I used frozen peas, thawed)
- Heaping ½ cup of chopped red cabbage
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- If not vegan, you can also add in a couple scrambled eggs
- Over medium heat, heat your coconut oil until hot. Add in the garlic, ginger, onion, and carrots. Saute for 5 minutes and then add in your broccoli and bell pepper. Saute for 5 additional minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the cold rice, corn, peas, cabbage, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Once full combined, let the rice cook, untouched for a couple of minutes. When it is just beginning to stick to the bottom of the pan a bit, stir again and repeat this a few times. This helps get a tiny bit of crispiness on the bottom of the rice.
- Remove from heat and season with a bit of salt and pepper and ENJOY!!
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fried, vegan, rice, dinner, side dish