Homemade Macadamia Nut Milk is so easy to make and tastes amazing! To enjoy this plant based milk – just soak, blend and strain! In this post, I’m breaking down how to make dairy free milk with macadamia nuts and sharing recipes for how to use it!
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add the macadamia nuts to a small jar and cover with 1 cup water. Soak for 2 hours then drain the nuts.
- Add the nuts, remaining 3 cups of water, and optional flavorings to a blender and blend on high speed until smooth– about 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a milk nut bag into a large bowl. Make sure to squeeze any excess liquid from the nut milk bag.
- Transfer the milk to an airtight container and store in the fridge until ready to enjoy. Discard after 1 week. Shake before serving.
- Most recipes recommend raw macadamia nuts, but I’ve found this recipe works with both raw and toasted, just make sure they’re unsalted!
- Medjool dates can be used to sweeten the milk, but you can also use honey, maple syrup, or your liquid sweetener of choice.
- Vanilla adds a subtle sweetness to the milk that’s great if you’re drinking the milk straight or using it in sweet baking.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Rest time: 60 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: nut milk, macadamia nut milk, macadamia nuts