This swirled VEGAN Banana Bread is simple to make and always a show stopper in the kitchen!
- of all-purpose flour
- of baking soda
- of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- of maple syrup
- of almond milk
- of nut butter- I typically use peanut butter
- of vanilla extract
- medium extra ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2oz of dark chocolate, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and generously grease an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
- Stir in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and mashed banana. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon about 1/3 of the batter into a separate bowl and mix in the cocoa powder + melted chocolate until just combined. Spoon (or pipe) the 2 separate batters into into the loaf pan (see video for reference) and use a butter knife to lightly swirl the batter together. Don’t swirl too much though or the batter will mix together and you won’t get the marbled effect.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Cover the loaf with foil so the top doesn’t get too brown and bake for an additional 10-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.*
- Let cool and ENJOY!!
*you can use a different sized loaf pan but it may affect the bake time. If using an 9×5 inch pan, you will likely need less bake time
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: bread
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan banana bread, swirled banana bread, marbles banana bread