- 4 ounces of semisweet chocolate
- 4 ounces of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon of warm water
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of cashews, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 inch square baking dish and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the chocolate and butter over low heat. Stir frequently until full melted. Take off of the heat and set aside to let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coffee powder and the warm water. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, cream together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Fold in the chocolate mixture and the coffee mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold in until combined. Add in the cashews and gently mix.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly, cut into squares, and ENJOY!
- Category: Dessert