Vegan Monster Cookies– these easy vegan cookies are my take on a classic recipe that I always loved as a kid!
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 cup of sugar (I like organic cane sugar)
- 1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of natural peanut butter (it needs to be the drippy kind)
- 1 flax egg: 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup of dairy free chocolate chips (I love dark chocolate in these)
- 3/4 cup of chocolate candy (check to be sure it’s vegan)*
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a standmixer (or in a large bowl with an electric whisk) cream together the butter and sugars. This will take about a minute.
- Mix in the peanut butter, flax egg, and vanilla and mix until just combined. With the mixer running, slowly add in the flour and baking soda. Mix until the flour is JUST incorporated.
- Add in the oats, chocolate chips, and chocolate candy and mix on low until just mixed together.
- Chill for 20 minutes. The dough will be quite crumbly but will hold together when rolled and patted together.
- Once done chilling, take heaping tablespoons of the dough and roll/ pat it into 1/2 inch thick disks. The cookies will not separate AT ALL so you want to mold them into the size that you want them to end up as (see video for clarification). Place on prepared baking sheet(s).
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies just begin to turn a light brown. Let cool for 12 minutes and ENJOY!
If you can’t find vegan m&ms, feel free to use additional chocolate chips.
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan cookies, monster cookies, vegan baking