Moroccan Chickpea Soup- this vegetarian soup is healthy, heart, and very filling! It’s easy to throw together and is great for meal prep!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 15-ounce cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 pound of baby red potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 15-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup of freshly chopped herbs (I used a mixture of parsley and mint)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the onion, maple syrup, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and spices and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the chickpeas, zucchini, potatoes, tomatoes (including their juices), and broth. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring a few times, for 20 minutes or until the potatoes begin to soften.
- To make the soup a bit creamier, mash some of the potatoes pieces against the side of the pan and stir in.
- Before serving, mix in the herbs and season to taste with salt and pepper. ENJOY!