Mulled Apple Cider is a warm, cozy, and flavorful fall treat! This mulled cider recipe is infused with a blend of apple cider, spices, and citrus and simmered to perfection. You’re going to want this easy, festive drink at all of your holiday gatherings!
- 1 gallon of apple cider
- 2 inches of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 2 star anise (optional if you don’t have them)
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon of whole cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of whole allspice
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, mix everything together and bring to a gentle simmer. Let cook on low for about an hour. You can then turn the heat down as low as it will go in order to keep it warmed if needed.
- When ready to serve, garnish with fresh cranberries and/or orange and spike with your favorite alcohol. I use about 1/2 of a shot per cup, personally. ENJOY!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container. I suggest straining out all of the spices before storing as they can make the cider a bit bitter if they sit in the liquid for too long.
Store leftover mulled cider in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. You can reheat the cider over low heat on the stovetop or in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mulled cider, mulled cider recipe, hot mulled cider