Mushrooms Bourguignon is hearty, rich and loaded with delicious savory flavor! This vegan twist on the classic French beef bourguignon is easy to make and ready in about 20 minutes! Serve over creamy mashed potatoes for a comforting meal that’s easy enough for a busy weeknight, but elegant enough to serve for special occasions.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 small carrots, about 1 cup
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 12 ounces of baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons of vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- ¾ cup of dry red wine
- ¾ cup of vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- For serving: mashed potatoes, chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add carrots and cook for about 3 minutes by stirring occasionally.
- Add onion and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add garlic, mushrooms, butter, oregano, thyme and tomato paste. Cook until mushrooms are nearly tender by stirring occasionally. It will take about 5 minutes.
- Pour wine, vegetable broth and soy sauce in the skillet over the vegetables. Bring to a simmer. Cook until the sauce thickens. It will take about 2 minutes. Adjust taste if needed.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with mashed potatoes and chopped parsley. Enjoy!
- Store 3 days in refrigerator.
- Replace red wine with more vegetable broth and a bit of lemon juice if for someone who doesn’t like wine.
- Can be made 1 day before and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 256.7 mg
- Fat: 11.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.7 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Mushrooms Bourguignon, Mushrooms in red wine sauce, Red wine Mushroom