- 2/3 pound of mushrooms (I used shiitake and chanterelles but really any kind/ mix will work well)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter
- juice of half a lemon (about 1 1/2 tablespoons of juice)
- For serving: 2 large or 4 smaller piece of toast, goat cheese or other spreadable cheese*, fresh herbs
- Clean and thoroughly dry your mushrooms. A good way to do this so that your mushrooms don’t absorb too much extra liquid is to simple wipe them with a damp clothe. Slice the mushrooms.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add in the mushrooms and cook, tossing often, for about 6-8 minutes so that they’re browned a bit on all sides.
- Stir in the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for 2 additional minutes. Add in the butter and once melted, toss together with the mushrooms. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Smear the cheese over your hot toast and then top with the mushrooms and fresh herbs. ENJOY!
*vegan cheeses are great with this and ricotta is also a favorite of mine! HERE is my vegan ricotta recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Toast
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: mushroom toast