These oat flour muffins come together in one bowl and are seriously so delicious!
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of almond milk, or other plant based milk
- 3 tablespoons of nut butter- I used almond butter this time but really any nut/ seed butter would work well
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup of oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of mix-ins such as blueberries of chocolate chips, plus more for topping if desired
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a six cup muffin pan (you can obviously also use a regular 12 cup one but only grease half of it).
- In a large bowl, mash your banana until very few lumps remain. Mix in the maple syrup, milk, nut butter, and vanilla. Whisk until fully combined.
- Add in the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until fully combined. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes (don’t skip this step!).
- Stir in optional mix-ins. Divide the batter evenly among your 6 muffin cups.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes. They’re done when lightly browned around the edges and when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. They’ll come out of the oven with a nice rounded top but will flatten almost completely as they cool. Let cool slightly and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free muffins, gluten free vegan muffins, oat flour muffins