Orzo Pasta Salad is so easy to make and works as a vegan main course or side dish. Perfect for meal prep and great for potlucks and picnics!
For the Salad
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces dried orzo
- 2 cups arugula, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup basil, julienned
For the Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ½ lemon, juiced (~3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425F.*
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the chickpeas and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the chickpeas on a baking sheet and cook until golden brown– about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Cook the orzo according to the package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking together all of the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, orzo, chickpeas, tomatoes, and basil.
- Top with lemon vinaigrette and gently mix together. Serve warm. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
*You can also make the chickpeas in the air fryer following THESE directions.
- Category: salad
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Orzo Salad, orzo salad recipe, lemon orzo salad