These Pan Fried Potatoes are simple to make and absolutely packed with flavor! They’re soft on the inside but crispy on the outside!
- 1 pound of yellow potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 large sprigs of rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Flaky sea salt + freshly cracked black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 7 minutes. Drain and let cool until you can touch them easily. Slice the potatoes into thick coins (about ¼-⅓ inch thick).
- Add the olive oil and butter in a large skillet (12 inches or larger is better or else you may need to do this in batches) over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add in the rosemary and let cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes in a single layer and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook for about 15 minutes, flipping halfway. I like to spoon the rosemary butter mixture on top of the potatoes a few times while they’re cooking. You want them to be a deep golden brown on each side and starting to get a bit crispy around the edges. If the pan gets too dry, you can add in a little more butter or olive oil.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with additional salt and pepper to taste + fresh rosemary. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: fried
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pan fried potatoes, sauteed potatoes, easy potato coins