Cold and refreshing, Peach Iced Tea is absolutely the BEST way to beat the heat! This refreshing tea recipe is easy to make with freshly steeped tea and homemade peach simple syrup. The ultimate summertime drink that you’ll instantly love!
For the Peach Simple Syrup
- ½ cup granulated sugar*
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup diced fresh peaches
For the Tea
- 1 black tea bag**
- Simple syrup, from above
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 peach, thinly sliced
For the Simple Syrup
- Combine the sugar, water, and diced peaches in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil and stir to break up the peaches.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, remove the pan from the heat and set it aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Strain the syrup through a mesh sieve to remove any large pieces of peach. Make sure to press the peaches into the sieve to extract any extra juice.
- Transfer the syrup to an airtight container and store in the fridge until ready to use, or up to three days.
For the Tea
- Add the tea bag to a large pitcher, along with the boiling water and simple syrup.
- Allow the tea to steep for 5 minutes. Then, remove the tea bags and stir.
- Fill the pitcher with ice and top with thinly sliced peach. Serve immediately.
- If you don’t plan on serving immediately, make the tea through step 2 and store it in the fridge. Then continue with step 3 when you’re ready to serve.
- If you prefer to let everyone sweeten their drinks to taste, serve the tea and syrup separately and mix directly into the glass to taste (I use about 2 teaspoons of syrup per glass of tea).
*Raw cane sugar or honey work too.
**I opted for black tea because it’s classic in most iced tea recipes– but this would also be delicious with green tea! I used 1 bag because that’s what the package directions said for 4 cups of water. Make sure to check your tea and adjust if more tea bags are needed!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 234
- Sugar: 58.6 g
- Sodium: 21.9 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 59.9 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: peach tea, peach iced tea, peach simple syrup