One of my favorite recipes from the Easy Gourmet cookbook.
- 1/2 cup of mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 4 slices of day old French bread
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of bourbon
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 peaches, sliced
- Whisk together the whipping cream until it thickens and holds form (think, whipped cream). Set that aside for a moment.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mascarpone and sugar until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- In a medium bowl, gently fold together the whipped cream, mascarpone mixture, and vanilla. Put in fridge until ready to use.
- For the French Toast: In a shallow dish, beat the eggs and then mix into the eggs the milk and cinnamon.
- Melt your butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is melted and the pan is ready, dip the slices of bread, each side, into the egg mixture.
- Put the soaked bread into the skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides, ~2-3 minutes per side.
- While the toast is frying, make the syrup: In a small saucepan, combine the white sugar, brown sugar, bourbon, and water to a boil. Add the sliced peaches and reduce to a simmer. Let this bubble gently for about 10 minutes or until it reaches a syrup like consistency.
- Once the toast is done, top with the vanilla mascarpone and then the peach syrup and ENJOY!!