These Peanut Chickpea Wraps are simple to make and great for meal prep! An easy lunch that everyone will love.
For the peanut sauce:
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter (creamy of chunky work here but a natural drippy peanut is best)
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup of milk or water (I like the extra creaminess that milk adds and usually use oat or coconut milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1/2 inch of fresh ginger (or 1/4 teaspoon of dried ginger)
- optional: for a little extra kick, add in 1-2 teaspoons of sriracha
For the chickpea wraps:
- 10oz bag (roughly 3 cups) of coleslaw mix
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- ¼ cup of chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup of roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 large tortillas
- To make the peanut sauce: add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You can also simply whisk everything together if you first finely mince the garlic and ginger.
- To make the slaw: in a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, carrots, green onion, peanuts*, and cilantro. Pour on the peanut sauce and mix to combine. Set aside.
- To make the wraps: Divide the chickpeas and slaw mix evenly among 6 large tortillas. Roll up tightly and ENJOY!
- To meal prep: If you’re wanting to meal-prep this recipe, I suggest mixing together the chickpeas and slaw mixture (leaving out the peanuts and adding them before serving) and putting it into your meal prep container with the tortilla on the side. When ready to serve, dump the chickpea slaw mixture + the peanuts on the wrap and wrap up.
*If making this recipe as meal-prep, I suggest leaving the peanuts out and putting those on the side. When ready to serve, mix them in fresh.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: lunch
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 352
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 817 mg
- Fat: 14.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.3 g
- Protein: 15.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0.2 mg
Keywords: vegan wraps, chickpea wraps, healthy wraps