- 1/2 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup of veggie broth
- 1/8 cup of finely chopped parsley
- 1/8 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup of chopped pecans
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 pieces of salmon
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the uncooked quinoa and the broth and cook according to packaging. (I simply cook my quinoa until all of the liquid is gone, stirring frequently, and often adding a couple tablespoons more of water/ broth if the quinoa is not quite done yet).
- While the quinoa cooks, prepare the breading by adding the parsley, bread crumbs, pecans, and salt & pepper to a food processor and processing until fully mixed. This should just need about 15 seconds of processing.
- Dredge each of the salmon pieces in the bread crumb mixture so that the salmon is fully covered.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the salmon and sear EACH side for about 1 minute. Once all sides are seared, put the whole skillet in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While the quinoa finishes and the salmon bakes, make the sauce by whisking together the honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, corn starch, and grated ginger.
- Once the quinoa and salmon are done and have cooled slightly, plate the quinoa evenly onto 2 plates and top with the salmon. Evenly spread the honey sauce over top of the salmon.
- Optional: top with a bit of fresh parsley and chopped pecans.
Recipe lightly adapted from Damn Delicious.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner