- 2 slices of white bread
- 1 tablespoon of pesto
- 1 slice of provolone cheese, cut to fit size of bread
- 1–2 tablespoons of goat cheese
- small handful of watercress
- small handful of arugula
- 1/4 of an avocado, thinly sliced
- 1–2 tablespoons of butter
- Spread the pesto on one side of the bread.
- Top with provolone, then the watercress and arugula, and then the goat cheese. Top with a few slices of avocado.
- Close the sandwich and press firmly on the top.
- In a medium skillet, heat about 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat until just melted.
- Place your sandwich in the skillet and spread remaining butter over top of the sandwich.
- Cook on each side for about 5-6 minutes on a low heat or until each side is a nice crispy golden brown.