Easy and delicious Pineapple Tofu Skewers!
For the skewers:
- 1/2 of a medium pineapple, cubbed (about 2 cups)
- 1 block of extra-firm or firm tofu, pressed* and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 6 skewers (if using wood, soak them in water for 20 minutes and then dry off before adding the food to them)
For the coconut sauce:
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce or to taste
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Whisk together the marinade in a medium bowl or resealable container: olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, paprika, s + p.
- Add in the cubes of tofu and toss gently so that all sides of the tofu get some sauce on them. Marinate the tofu for at least an hour but if you can do it overnight, that’s even better.
- When ready to grill, heat an outdoor grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Assemble the skewers by alternating pieces of tofu and pieces of the pineapple until all of the food is used up. You should get about 8 skewers.
- Place the skewers on your hot grill (or grill pan) and cook for about 3 minutes per side (10-12 minutes total). Remove from heat once you have some nice grill marks all around the skewers.
- To make the coconut sauce, stir together the yogurt, sriracha, and lime juice.
- Serve the skewers with the sauce and ENJOY!
*See HERE for my full guide on how to press tofu with and without a tofu press
- Category: dinner
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan grilling, tofu recipe, tofu kebabs