If you’re a sucker for salty snacks like I am, you’ve got to try this oven baked Plantain Chips recipe! They’re incredibly easy to make and so much better than store-bought (cheaper, too!). All you need is three ingredients and your favorite seasoning, and you’ll have a crispy, healthy, delicious snack in 30 minutes!
- 2 plantains
- Flaky sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Optional other spices
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Peel the plantains by cutting the ends off and slicing gently down the length of the plantain skin about 3 times. You want to cut through the peel but try not to cut into the plantain much or at all. This should make it so the peel comes off easily. Discard the peels.
- Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, thinly slice the plantains into even pieces. You want these to be as thin as possible which I find easiest with a mandoline on the thinnest setting.
- Place the plantain chips into a bowl with the olive oil. Toss to coat the plantains evenly. Line the plantains on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle on the flaky sea salt. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake for an additional 10-13 minutes until the chips are lightly browned and beginning to get crispy. They’ll crisp up a lot more once they cool.
- Let cool and enjoy!
These are best enjoyed day of, but can be kept in an airtight container for a few days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: plantain chips recipe, how to make plantain chips