To make the mix:
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of quinoa
- 1/3 cup of flaxseeds or flaxseed meal
- 3/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup of walnuts
- 3/4 cup of almonds (can be whole or sliced)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- optional: 3 tablespoons of plant based protein powder
To make the porridge:
- 2/3 cup of milk (I used vanilla almond milk but you can use regular milk, soy milk, or whatever your favorite milk is)
- 3 ounces of fruit (berries work best), mashed if desired
- nuts for topping is desired
- To make the mix, simply combine all of the mix ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until you get a consistency similar to coarse almond meal. You can make the mix thicker or thinner depending on your preferences but I prefer it the consistency of almond meal (see picture above).
- Store the mix in an airtight container until you’re ready to use it.
- Once ready to make, combine 1 3/4 cup of the mix with 2/3 cup of milk in a small pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently. Take off of heat and stir in mashed fruit if desired.
- Top the porridge with more fruit and nuts if desired.
Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Everyday Super Food
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 bowl of porridge