Vegan-friendly Pumpkin Curry is hearty, warming, and full of flavor! This delicious curry recipe is packed with nourishing ingredients, like pumpkin, cauliflower, and carrots, plus it’s really simple to make and can be on the table in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small pie pumpkin (about 2 pounds before being peeled and cut)
- 2 cups of cauliflower florets, about 1/2 of a medium cauliflower
- 2 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 15 ounce can of lite coconut milk
- 1 cup of broth
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter (can sub in peanut butter if desired)
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and add in the minced garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the pumpkin, cauliflower, and carrots and saute for 5 minutes as the veggies begin to soften a bit. Stir in the curry powder and cook for an additional minute.
- Mix in the coconut milk, broth, almond butter, soy sauce, salt, and pepper and cook for 10 additional minutes as the veggies continue to cook. Once veggies are soft and the pumpkin and cauliflower are easily pierced with a fork, remove from the heat.
- Serve on its own or over basmati rice and enjoy!!
- Storing leftovers. Place leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat. Simply reheat the curry in the microwave or on the stovetop until heated through.
- To freeze. Let the curry cool completely before transferring to a freezer safe bag or container. Freeze for up to 2 months. I would not recommend freezing the curry with rice.
- Reheating from frozen. Thaw in the refrigerator or at room temperature. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 6.3 g
- Sodium: 869.5 mg
- Fat: 14.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.2 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: curry recipe, pumpkin, vegan curry