These Pumpkin Sugar Cookies are simple to make, fully vegan, and perfect for the holidays!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) vegan butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons almond milk (or any milk alternative)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour (+ more for rolling out).
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of maple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of plant based milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat the softened vegan butter and sugar together in a stand mixer or using an electric handheld mixer for 2 minutes or until it comes together. Scrape the sides of the bowl and beat again for another minute, until light and fluffy. Add in the almond milk and extracts and mix until combined.
- Slowly combine the dry with the wet and beat until a dough has formed – about 2-3 minutes of mixing. Do not over mix – once the dough comes together, it’s ready.
- Move the dough to a floured surface. Roll the dough out to ¼ inch in thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut out your cookies and carefully transfer them to a parchment lined cookie sheet, 1 inch between each cookie. Continue to re-roll the dough and cut out cookies until you have used all the dough.
- Place the sheet in the fridge for 10 minutes. This step is crucial for the cookies to maintain their shape or design. Bake straight from the fridge for 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges. Remove and allow to cool.
- To make the icing: in the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat the butter on high speed until creamy and lighter in color, about 1 minutes. Add in the powdered sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and milk. Beat on medium high until fluffy, stopping to scrap down the sides of the bowl once or twice as needed.
- Frost the cookies and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 un-iced cookie
- Calories: 89
- Sugar: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 75.4 mg
- Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.5 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan sugar cookies, vegan pumpkin cookies, pumpkin shaped cookies