- 2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of instant yeast
- 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup of milk (I used 2%)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter, at room temperature/ melted
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1–2 cups of fresh berries, cut into small pieces (for the raspberries, I simply cut them in half)
- optional: powdered sugar for dusting after the bread is baked
- (I use a standmixer for this recipe but this can all be done by hand).
- In the bowl of a standmixer with the dough hook attached, sift together 2 cups of the flour with the salt, sugar, and yeast.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk and 5 tablespoons of butter together until the butter is just melted. Take off of the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- With the mixer on a low speed, pour the butter/ milk mixture into the flour. Then add in the water, eggs, and vanilla. Mix for 1 minute and then add in the remain 3/4 cup of flour.
- Continue to mix on low speed until the dough forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and knead with your hands on a floured surface for just one additional minute. Put dough in a greased bowl and cover. Let sit for ~an hour.
- A few minutes before the dough is done rising, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. At this same time, make the sugar cinnamon filling by stirring together the room temperature butter, 1/4 cup of sugar, and cinnamon.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out into a rectangle ~15 inches by 20 inches. Spread the cinnamon butter mixture out evenly over the dough.
- Working long ways, cut the dough into 3 inch pieces. Stack the pieces of dough on top of each other spreading the berries out in between each layer.
- Now cut the stacks of dough into ~6 sections.
- In a greased bread pan, carefully place the stacks of dough. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until very golden brown on the top.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes