For the raspberry simple syrup
- 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries
- 2 cups of water
- 3/4 cups of sugar (can also be substituted for agave or honey)
For the Virgin Mojitos
- 8 medium-large mint leaves per cup (16 total)
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges or slices
- ~4 ounces of club soda per glass (8 ounces total)
- Extra raspberries and mint for garnish
In a small saucepan, mix together the raspberry simple syrup ingredients (1/2 cup of raspberries, water, and sugar). Bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer for roughly 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture has thickened a bit.
Let cool for 5 minutes and then puree in a blender or food processor. If desired, you can strain the mixture to remove the berry seeds.
To make the mojitos: in 2 glasses, pour 1/2 cup of the raspberry puree. Place 8 mint leaves and 2 lime wedges into each glass and muddle to release the flavors. Top each glass off with ice and fill to the top with the club soda.
Garnish with extra raspberries and mint and ENJOY!