- 1/2 pound of ground country sausage (could also use sausage links cut into small chunks)
- 1 1/2 pounds of red potatoes, diced into ~1/3 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon of dried, crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1–2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4–8 eggs depending on your preference (I used 5)
- freshly ground black pepper
- optional for topping: diced fresh parsley and avocado
- Start by cooking the sausage in a large skillet until it’s just cooked all the way through.
- Leaving all of the liquid in the skillet, remove the cooked sausage and place it on a plate covered with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with a small lug of olive oil, the dried rosemary, and the sea salt.
- Leaving the heat on medium, add the potatoes into the skillet and cook until just tender, about 12-15 minutes. Add in the garlic and cooked for an additional couple minutes. Removed the potatoes from the skillet (leaving any liquid) and set them aside in a separate bowl.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook the bell pepper and onion until just tender, about 7 minutes. Add in more oil if necessary.
- The the veggies are just getting tender, add the potatoes and sausage back into the skillet with the veggies and stir to combine everything.
- Spread the raw eggs evenly around the skillet and allow them to cook to your desired doneness. For running eggs, they’ll need to cook for about 6-8 minutes on top of the hash in order to be done.
- Once cooked, removed from heat, top with parsley, avocado, and a bit of fresh black pepper and ENJOY!!!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes