Bright and flavorful Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad is orzo pasta with vegetables, all tossed in a simple homemade dressing. An easy side dish that’s fresh, colorful and always gets rave reviews. So great for make-ahead lunches and cookouts! Enjoy it warm or cold!
- 1/2 pound of uncooked orzo
- 1 bell pepper, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large zucchini, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of good quality olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar (I used balsamic)
- 1/2– 1 teaspoon of flaky sea salt to taste
- Optional: chopped fresh herbs (I love a small handful of fresh basil in this!)
- Optional squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a large baking tray (I like to line mine with a silicone mat or parchment paper).
- Cook the orzo pasta according to package directions. Once done, drain and set aside. If you’d like to serve the pasta salad cold, you can run the pasta under cold water to cool it down.
- Meanwhile, place all of the veggies on the baking tray so that everything is spread out evenly. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Gently toss to coat.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway, until the veggies are fork tender. I like mine to still have a little crunch to them but if you want them softer, you can bake for a few more minutes.
- Once the veggies are done, combine them in a large bowl with the cooked orzo. Drizzle on the ¼ cup of olive oil as well as the vinegar, optional herbs, and additional salt. Toss to coat everything and ENJOY!
Store this veggie pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to about 3 to 4 days. It’s delicious eaten hot or cold, so feel free to dig in straight from the fridge or warm it up a bit in the microwave! Before serving again, give it a good stir, taste and season again as needed.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Roast + Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted veggie pasta salad, roasted vegetable pasta salad, orzo veggie pasta salad