Creamy Rose Sauce is a rich and delicious tomato cream sauce. Toss it over tender pasta noodles for a hearty main course that’s easy enough for a busy weeknight, but elegant and tasty enough to serve for a date night dinner.
- 1 pound pasta of choice (I used penne pasta)
- 1/4 cup olive oil*
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1/2 cup of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of vodka (optional)*
- 1 cup of heavy cream (see note below for a vegan version!)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- Salt + pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes, optional for garnish
- To store. Place the prepared pasta and sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days.
- To reheat. Gently rewarm leftovers in a Dutch oven or large pot on the stovetop over medium-low heat, splashing in broth, cream, almond milk, regular milk or water as needed to loosen the sauce. You can also reheat this recipe in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: rose sauce, cheesy pasta sauce, cheesy sauce