Sautéed Cremini Mushrooms are cooked in a buttery herb mixture until tender and loaded with delicious savory flavor! This easy side dish recipe adds that extra special finishing touch to your main dish and take just 10 minutes to cook.
- 1 pound of Cremini (baby bella) mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of butter (vegan as desired)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil*
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme (other fresh herbs work well here as well!)
- Optional squeeze of lemon juice as desired
- Start by thoroughly rinsing the mushrooms under water. Pat dry and then cut into thin slices (about ¼ inch thick). If you buy pre washed and sliced mushrooms, you can skip this step.
- In a large skillet, combine the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Once the butter is fully melted, add in the sliced mushrooms with a good pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Around this time, you’ll end up with a decent bit of excess moisture in the pan from the mushrooms and this is okay.
- Add in the garlic and herbs, stir, and cook for an additional 3-4 more minutes. Most of the moisture from the mushrooms should have evaporated but if not, you can drain it off. Garnish with additional herbs, a squeeze of lemon juice, and ENJOY!
*you could sub the olive oil for an equal amount of additional butter or vice versa
You can also cook the mushrooms whole OR simply sliced in half. They may just need a few more minutes of cook time to get to your desired doneness.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cremini mushrooms, baby Bella mushrooms, white button mushrooms