These Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions are simple to make and such a delicious main dish topper or even a side dish!
- 1 pound of baby bella (cremini) mushrooms
- 1 medium or large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter (vegan as desired)
- ½ cup of broth (I prefer veggie but chicken or beef also work well) OR ½ cup of white wine
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs, I prefer thyme (other fresh herbs work well here as well!)
- Optional squeeze of lemon juice
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Once hot, add in the onion and saute for 8 minutes until it begins to soften.
- Add in the butter and the mushrooms and saute for an additional 5 minutes. Mix in the garlic, salt + pepper, wine/ broth, herbs, and lemon juice. Cook for 5 additional minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with additional herbs. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mushrooms recipe, mushrooms and onions, sautéed mushrooms and onions