These simple sauteed brussels sprouts are so easy to make and absolutely packed with flavor!
- 1 pound of brussels sprouts (can be fresh OR frozen and thawed), rinsed
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- ~1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- If using fresh brussels sprouts, cut off the stems and slice the brussels sprouts in half from the stem area to the top of the sprout (picture above).
- In a skillet over medium heat, combine the half of the oil and half of the butter and heat until butter is just melted all the way through.
- Add in the brussels sprouts and sprinkle with the sea salt and pepper until the sprouts are evenly covered.
- Cook over medium heat, toss occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the brussels sprouts begin to soften.
- Add in the minced garlic as well as the remaining oil and butter and cook, tossing occasionally, for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and serve warm. ENJOY!!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brussel sprout recipe, how to cook brussel sprouts