Sesame Ginger Tempeh Stir Fry- this vegan dinner is delicious and surprisingly easy to throw together!
- 8 ounces of tempeh, cubed into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons of ginger paste (sub for grated ginger)
- 2 tablespoons of garlic paste (sub for 3 cloves of minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 cups of carrots, thinly sliced (or baby carrots)
- In a blender, combine the sauce ingredients: ginger, garlic, sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup, cornstarch, and nut butter. The sauce can also be whisked together in a bowl but I find the blender much easier.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add in the tempeh and cook for about 8 minutes, flipping every few minutes so that all sides are browned. Turn the heat to low and toss in 2 tablespoons of the sauce and continue to cook until the tempeh is fully coated in the sauce and it has started to caramelize a bit. Remove to a clean plate and return skillet to the heat.
- Turn the heat back to medium, and add in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and toss together the green beans and the carrots in the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add in a few tablespoons of water and place a lid on the skillet to steam the veggies a bit until tender. About another 5 minutes. Remove the lid and take out any excess water.
- Pour in the remaining sauce as well as the tempeh. Toss to coat everything and continue to cook until sauce thickens and everything is nicely coated in the sauce. Cook about 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve over rice or quinoa and ENJOY!! Also great on its own!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: vegan dinner, vegan stir fry, easy vegan dinner