These Sesame Tofu Bowls are simple to throw together and make for a filling and DELICIOUS meal!
- 14– 15 ounce block of tofu, pressed* and cut into bit sized pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil (I usually use olive oil)
- 3 cups of broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup veggie broth
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- For serving: grain of choice, sesame seeds, green onion
- Steam your broccoli by placing a steamer basket and 1 cup of water into a medium pan. Once the water is boiling, add in the broccoli and cover. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until the broccoli is fork tender. Set aside.
- Make the sauce by whisking together the broth, orange juice, marmalade, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat (this can also be done in a cast iron as shown in my video but I much prefer to do this in a non stick skillet), heat the oil until hot. Add in the tofu and spread in an even layer so it’s not overlapping at all. Do your best to not touch the tofu for about 5 minutes. This helps it get a nice crust on the bottom. After 5 minutes, flip and cook for a few minutes on each side (about 20 minutes total).
- Pour in the sauce and, stirring often, cook until it thickens. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the the tofu with the broccoli and a grain of choice! ENJOY!
*see my full guide on pressing tofu HERE.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan dinner, tofu recipe, tofu meal