Sheet Pan Tofu & Veggies- this easy sheet pan dinner is simple to throw together and a great vegan dinner!
- 12 ounces of carrot sticks (about a cup and a half)
- 15 ounces of tofu (each package is a slightly different size. Assuming yours is roughly 15 ounces, go with it)
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 inch of ginger, peeled and grated (roughly 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
- 12 ounces of green beans (about a cup and a half), cleaned and ends trimmed
- for serving: cilantro and sesame seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a large baking tray with cooking spray.
- Prepare your tofu by wiping away any excess moisture on the outside. Wrap the tofu in a towel or several paper towels and place it on a plate. Top the tofu with something heavy (a cast iron skillet works great) and then let it sit for 15-30 minutes to release as much moisture as possible.
- While the tofu is being pressed, put the carrot sticks on the baking tray and toss with 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil and a sprinkle of salt. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unwrap the tofu and cut it into 3 even sheets (you want it to have the same dimensions but thinner). Cut those thinner pieces into triangles (see photo above). Toss the tofu in 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and the cornstarch.
- Push the carrots to one side and line the tofu pieces up on the other side. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, honey, and the remaining teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Take the baking tray out of the oven and toss the green beans in with the carrots. Flip the tofu over and pour the sauce on top reserving 1-2 tablespoons. I found that about 1/2 teaspoon per tofu triangle is perfect. Pour the remaining 1-2 tablespoons of sauce over the veggies and toss to coat. Bake for 10 additional minutes.
- Serve with cilantro and sesame seeds and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: vegan dinner, sheet pan dinner, easy dinner