For the Peanut Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tablespoon of reduced-sodium soy sauce
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon of sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon of grated ginger
For the Chicken
- Olive oil spray
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into 1-inch-thick strips
- 2 tablespoons of reduced-sodium soy sauce
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of peeled and diced sweet potato (about 1/2 inch pieces), about 2 small/ medium sweet potatoes
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups of sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of roasted peanuts, chopped
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- To make the peanut sauce, whisk together the peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, lime juice, Sriracha, and ginger in a small bowl until smooth.
- Adjust a rack in the center and another rack ~4 inches from the broiler. Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a large baking tray, roughly 18×13 inches, by spraying with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Pour half of the peanut sauce over the chicken and stir.
- Place the sweet potatoes, broccoli, red onion, bell pepper, and sugar snap peas on the prepared pan and toss with sesame oil as well as the remaining salt. Roast in the oven on the center rack, tossing halfway, for about 25-30 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are almost tender.
- Nestle the chicken among the veggies, pour the remaining marinade over the chicken and then roast until the chicken is cooked through, about an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Switch the oven to broil and move the pan to the higher rack to broil until the chicken is browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve, top with peanuts and cilantro and ENJOY!
- Serving Size: 4 1/2 ounces of chicken + 1 cup of vegetables
- Calories: 527
- Sugar: 11.2 g
- Sodium: 705.8 mg
- Fat: 11.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 61.8 g
- Protein: 46 g
- Cholesterol: 82.7 mg